Monday, March 10, 2014

How the right company can keep you going in your journey to success

From the diamond desk of                        
I. C. Clinton                                                                   
A cure for poverty of the mind and the pocket
Subject: What successful people             
do that you too should start doing



“You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read” (Charlie Jones).
 
The company you keep can either make or mar your journey to success; now that’s a fact of life!

We all know the old saying, “Life is full of ups and downs”. Yes, both the “ups” and the “downs” come every now and then in everyman’s life. In fact, the occurrence of the “downs” is more frequent than that of the “ups”, and every regular Joe as well as Winner Wolf gets his fair share every once in a while.  I for one have been having mine – maybe more than a fair share, this past week or so. But in all of my “downs” something positive has always given; I have always been helped up by one such good company.  

This is how we do it

I posted the first article on this blog on a Monday, because I had decided that I want people to have something to keep them motivated every week beginning from the first working day of the week, which is Monday. And so since Sixth-Sensing made its debut online I have always written on Mondays, but due to a lot of reasons I almost did not write today. A lot of forces had combined to force me to fail myself and you my most valued and cherished readers today, but somehow, with the help of one such good associate, I got the motivation to fight those evil forces to a standstill and made the right decision and took the step that has led to the writing of this article at this time – 11:09pm, Monday night. My initial plan was to write that much awaited article about sixth-sensing, which I said is one thing all success people do that anyone who wants to become successful must learn to do, but decided instead this evening to tell a little of my own friendship story and how keeping the right company can help you remain focused on your journey to success. I consider myself very lucky. Yes, I feel lucky because I have one of the best friends in the world. My friend is a very good intellectual whose way of life continues to inspire me. This individual is not only wise but also very humane, kind, and helpful. You should find yourself a friend like mine who listens to you with rapt attention when you have something agitating your mind that you want to talk about or ask about. This individual can be a husband, a wife, boyfriend or a girlfriend, a coach or a mentor, whichever he is, make sure he is somebody who is not only very knowledgeable and competent but who also is very truthful and has your best interest at heart. He should be somebody who knows you well and understands you and your dreams. He should be somebody who believes in your dreams and aspirations and believes in, if not who you are now, whom you are capable of becoming. Make sure this individual is somebody who has foresight and a positive mindset. Let this person into most of your thoughts and listen to him when he speaks to you.

“Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolfs you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights” (John Mason).

In whatever you do, whether you will succeed or fail, will be determined largely by the company you keep. If a fantastic footballer finds himself in the wrong team, he runs the risk of being on the losing side despite being a good player. If a good man contracts marriage with the wrong woman, no matter how good and hardworking he is, while he may be able to build a house after all, he finds it difficult to build a home. If a good preacher finds himself in the wrong congregation, preaching impactful message becomes a mirage. It’s even said that it’s foolish to preach wisdom to fools. The list can go on and on.

The bottom line is:

If you want to be wise, make friends with wise people.
If you want to succeed, associate with successful people.
If you want to achieve great things, befriend great folks.
If you want to become better, keep the company of people better than you.
If you want to remain motivated, surround yourself with motivated and progressive people.

I have succeeded in writing today’s article because I chose a friend who is motivated and progressive and knows how to pull me out of the dirty well of worry and unto the path of progress. 
Who you choose to be your friends or associates is one of the most important decisions you will ever make during the course of your life. A man is the sum of the kind of company he keeps!

Proverbs says, “A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.”  You will eventually become like those with whom you freely associate. So, choose wise associates and – choose them wisely!

Guess what I am doing? Well, if you stick around long enough, you will find out...

Until next time.

Your man,

- I. C. Clinton








Pictures are from:

 www.dreamstime.com
www.shutterstock.com


1 comment:

All it takes to become a winner is a change of mindset. Change your thought process -- change your life. Move yourself -- move the world.
Start with Sixth-Sensing. Start now!

  1. Deep truth , Mr Clinton. And as with planting a tree, the best time to choose your friend was 20yrs ago....

    ReplyDelete